In a democracy, the contributions of all people are valued in a spirit of respect, understanding and mutual cooperation, in order to achieve results taking into account the contributions of all.
This Participation Protocol establishes the values that inspire the construction of the Portal of the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) "A Better World after COVID-19" and the terms and conditions that govern participation in the same. All the people who participate in the Portal (hereinafter, Users) presenting their ideas, proposals and opinions, among others (hereinafter the Content) as well as voting on the Content published by other Users, agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All the Content that is entered in the Portal must be inspired by democratic principles and respect for human rights, including the principle of non-discrimination.
- The use of insults, personal attacks, harassment and harassment in all its forms, as well as defamatory or discriminatory expressions based on nationality, race or ethnicity, skin color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, religious beliefs or their absence, age, or the presence of disabilities, are prohibited.
- The use of the Portal to include advertisements is prohibited.
- Users certify that the Content they enter the Portal does not infringe copyright, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights of any person. Reproduction of texts subject to copyright without citing their source is prohibited.
- The Users accept that all the Content that they enter in the Portal will become property of the GS/OAS.
- The GS/OAS may use, reproduce, modify and implement, among others, the Content. The GS/OAS may also, at its discretion, license the Content to be used and/or implemented by third parties, such as its member states and permanent observers, other international organizations, among others.
- The GS/OAS reserves the right to delete the Content and/or temporarily or permanently suspend the registration account of any User that violates these terms and conditions.
- The personal data entered by Users when registering on the Portal will be used by the GS/OAS to identify the people who participate in it and, if necessary, to contact them for purposes related to the Portal and its objectives. For example, the GS/OAS could contact a registered person to request clarifications or additions to a proposal made on the Portal. The GS/OAS will under no circumstances share Users' personal information with third parties.
- Portal Users certify that they have full and unlimited right over ideas, proposals, opinions, etc. that they enter the Portal (hereinafter, the Content) and acknowledge and accept that by publishing it on the Portal they transfer to the GS/OAS any intellectual property right derived from that Content. The GS/OAS may use, reproduce, modify and implement, among others, the Content. The GS/OAS may also, at its discretion, license the Content to be used and/or implemented by third parties, such as its member states and permanent observers, other international organizations, among others.
- Nothing in the Portal, this Protocol, and its terms and conditions constitutes a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the Organization of American States (OAS), its organs, its personnel, and its property and assets, in accordance with the OAS Charter, the agreements and laws on the matter, and the principles and practices that inspire international law.