CONACYT - OAS - AMEXCID Scholarship Program
OAS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MASTER'S OR DOCTORAL STUDIES IN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING IN MEXICO
The Organization of American States (OAS), the Mexican National Science and Technology Council (CONACYT) and the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), with the support of
the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO), are pleased to announce the CONACYT-OAS –AMEXCID 2015 scholarships. This scholarship programs reflects the great interest of these institutions in contributing to the improvement of scientific and technological capacities, as well as to the mobility of graduate students in the Americas.
The Program CONACYT-OEA-AMEXCID offers scholarships to citizens of the Americas for master's or doctoral studies in science and engineering in educational institutions accredited by CONACYT. Approximately 1 out of 6 scholarships are exclusively for students from Central America and the Caribbean.
Potential candidates must review the Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad (PNPC) to select the study program of their choice. After that, candidates should apply for admission directly with the selected program. Programs participating in this announcement are categorized in the following areas: Physics ,Biology and Chemistry, Mathematics, Geosciences, Engineering, Biotechnology and Agronomy Science,Medicine and Health Science. For information on the different programs of study, please click here.
|Last week of October
||CONACYT sends OAS and AMEXCID the list of elegible candidates for the scholarship
|After November 30, 2015
||Announcement of results
BENEFITS OPEN/CLOSE +-
- Financial contribution towards living expenses. (2015 stipend amounts)
- Basic medical insurance while in Mexico.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed when the student arrives at the university, to a selected number of awardees.
- Possibility of carrying out part of the studies at institutions outside Mexico (including the country of origin of the scholar), receiving a complementary stipend for living expenses, health insurance and transportation.
- Possibility of obtaining total or partial enrollment fee discounts in Mexican universities that are part of the OAS Consortium of Universities and, offer study programs participating in this call.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS OPEN/CLOSE +-
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of one of the Member States of the GS/OAS other than Mexico. (* The Scholarship Program CONACYT –OAS is not available to Mexican nationals or permanent residents as one of the purposes of the program is to promote regional integration through the internationalization of students in highly prestigious educational institutions in Mexico.)
- Be enrolled or show proof of acceptance in an on-site graduate program of a Mexican Institution registered with the Programa Nacional de Posgrados de Calidad (PNPC) in the following areas: Biology and Chemistry, Physics (only master's programs) and Mathematics, Geosciences, Engineering, and Biotechnology.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor's degree or (equivalent) to apply to a master's degree program, and a master's degree diploma to apply to a doctoral program.
- Average grade point average of 8 on a scale of 1 – 10. (1=lowest, 10= highest) or equivalent.
- Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement in its entirety.
- Meet the language requirements of the study program of choice.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS OPEN/CLOSE +-
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STUDENT OPEN/CLOSE +-
- Round trip airline tickets
- Tuition and enrollment costs of the program of study for which the student has received the scholarship and student services fees. (* except for universities that offer a partial or total tuition waiver as part of the scholarship)
- Visa fees
- International health insurance that includes repatriation and funeral coverage
- Additional monthly subsistence expenses
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the announcement for CONACYT-OEA-AMEXCID 2014 scholarships
Do you have questions about the requirements or the application process?
Please write to email@example.com