Students’ age range: 12-14
Topic: Database Management
Type of device: Laptop
Students will be engaged in a video presentation and a scenario based activity on Query used in
Database Management and students will be asked to critically analyse the activities in an attempt to
generate a meaning for the term Query.
Students will be collaboratively engaged in a research-based learning with the use of the internet. The following tasks will be done:
• Types of queries
• Advantages and disadvantages of using these types of queries
• Steps in creating these queries
Students will present and demonstrate their findings and teacher will clarify misconceptions where necessary and give added information with the use of a PowerPoint presentation.
Students will be engaged in activities in a quest to demonstrate their competency in creating a query. The following task will be done:
- Create a table in design view
-Create a query in design view
• Students will complete a worksheet on the lesson objectives
• Students will create a scrapbook as an ongoing assessment on terms used in Query