Civil Society and social actors participation in the ministerial
The DSD is committed to the development and implementation of policies that ensure civil society (individuals, the
private sector, the labor sector, political parties, academics, and other non-governmental organizations) and youth
participation in planning, managing, and decision-making for sustainable development.
In order to strengthen and guarantee a wide participation of civil society and youth during the preparatory process
of the Second Ministerial Meeting, the DSD will conduct different kinds of outreach and public consultations processes,
such as informative bulletins, a hemispheric virtual consultation forum, three subregional consultations and a hemispheric
roundtable prior to the ministerial meeting (see
- Mobilize the support of civil society organizations for the preparation of the Draft Declaration.
- Build consensus positions among representatives of civil society and obtain recommendations and follow-up
activities on the theme and agenda to be considered during the Ministerial Meeting.
- Benefit from the best practices efforts, including advocacy, of civil society and work on the ministerial
theme to be analyzed during the meeting.
- St Lucia, July 5th, 2010
Caribbean Consultation with Civil Society |
- Argentina, August 19th, 2010
South America - Consultation with Civil Society |
- Costa Rica, August 19th, 2010
Mesoamerica - Consultation with Civil Society |
- Virtual Forum, September 15th to October 15th, 2010
Hemispheric Consultation “Towards Sustainable Development in the Americas” |
- Lima, Perú, Septiembre 16th, 2010
Consultation with Civil Society |
- Santo Domingo, November 17th, 2010
Hemispheric - Consultation with Civil Society |
Summary of the Meeting