Green Jobs learning forum
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING
The application must be completed in its entirety before exiting the site or submitting the form. The information you enter can be saved as you are working on it during this session. However, information cannot be saved for another session before the application is submitted. We strongly suggest that you print a blank application form, prepare the narrative information in a separate Word document which you can copy and paste into the on-line application form, and fill out the other data by hand on the application form before you begin to fill out the form on line. Once you access and open the form, it can remain open (without exiting or submitting it) indefinitely, so you will have time to fill out the form and check your information before submitting it. No changes will be permitted after you submit the form.
This application must be completed on-line.
Green Jobs. Learning Forum
1) Study venue: International Training Centre of the ILO. Viale Maestri del Lavoro Torino, Italy. Tel: +39011693-6502. Webpage: www.itcilo.org
2) Course Coordinators:
3) Modality: Onsite
4) Start and end dates of the course: December 3rd to December 14th, 2012 (Study visit to the Piamonte Region, December 10th, to December 12th)
5) Duration of the course: Twelve (12) days
6) Language of instruction: English
7) Course Objectives: The Learning Forum provides participants with knowledge, tools and examples of good practices to enhance their skills in the design and implementation of effective local strategies for the promotion of green jobs.
8. Course Content:
8) Course Content: Drawing from the latest field experiences and knowledge gained by different agencies and high level experts, this forum has been conceived to provide a platform of exchange and debate for practitioners on local strategies and actions that contribute to the promotion of green jobs and decent work in the green economy.
- meet several green entrepreneurs to understand what works, why and how
- be exposed to practical tools and training packages that have been tested internationally
- engage in field visits in Italy to compare in-class discussions with practical challenges
9) Eligibility requirements:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS Member State (Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brasil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, México, Nicaragua, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, República Dominicana, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela), with the exception of the United States since is the host country.
- Have a Bachelor degree
- 2 years of experience in Economic Development or Planning and Environmental Policies
- 2 years of experience working in Government institutions or NGO’s in the sector
- Possess basic computer and internet skills.
- Be fluent in English
- Submission of completed application form by the deadline set by the National Liaison Organization (ONE). It is the candidate’s responsibility to ascertain the deadline set by the ONE in his or her country of residence.
10) OAS Scholarship Selection Criteria:
In accordance with article 4.2 of the Manual of Procedures of the Scholarship and Training Programs of the OAS, OAS scholarships shall be granted based on the following criteria:
- The objectives and priorities established in the Strategic Plan for Partnership for Development;
- The training priorities of the member states;
- The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background;
- The financial need of the candidate; and
- An extensive and equitable geographic distribution for the benefit of all member states and that takes into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies.
11) Scholarships benefits:
- The Department of Human Development, Education, and Culture of the OAS will cover round trip economy class airline tickets from country of origin or residence to place of study. Funds for terminal and in-transit expenses are NOT provided.
- ITCILO will cover the tuition fee and health insurance with international coverage for the duration of the course in Turín, Italy; which includes emergency medical evacuation, repatriation of remains, and emergency medical meetings.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS CORRESPONDING TO THE 2012 REGULAR BUDGET
12) Certification: Participants who successfully complete the course requirements will receive a certificate for the successful completion of the course.
13) Responsibilities of the scholarship recipients:
- In order to become scholarship recipients, the selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by signing and returning to DHDEC their completed “form of acceptance of the scholarship award”;
- If after accepting the scholarship, the scholarship recipient for whatever reason cannot attend the course, he or she must immediately notify the Department of Human Development, Education, and Culture of the OAS;
- Scholarship recipients must communicate in writing to the OAS/DHDEC on which dates they will be able to travel, so the OAS can make the necessary travel arrangements;
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to enter the country of study and the corresponding transit(s). The OAS will not be responsible for any costs related to obtaining visas or transfer documentation;
- Each scholarship recipient is responsible for arriving on time for the commencement of activities on the date established by the institution offering the course or program;
- If the scholarship recipient declines the scholarship, (after the ticket has been purchased without written authorization from the Department of Human Development, Education, and Culture of the OAS or fails to travel on the scheduled dates, or changes routes) the scholarship recipient will be responsible for paying the cost of the airfare or whatever additional cost is incurred;
- If the scholarship recipient fails to travel on the scheduled dates, or change routes, after the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) has purchased his/her travel ticket, he/she will be responsible for paying the difference in ticket costs in order to arrive at the course site on time; and
- The scholarship recipient will furthermore have to reimburse the total cost of the airfare for his/her travel from his/her country of residence to the site where the Professional Development Course will take place and back if, after the ticket has been purchased, he/she declines the scholarship without written authorization from the Department of Human Development, Education, and Culture of the OAS. The latter includes any additional costs, incurred by the GS/OAS, such as extra costs for accommodation during the scholarship recipient’s travel to and from the country where the course will be held.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for additional funding of US$2.735,98 to cover room and board, meals, and local transportation including to/from the airport.
14) Application Process:
- Select the course
- After having read the course information thoroughly, click “Continue/Continuar” at the end of the page.
- Complete application form.
- After completing application form click “Send / Enviar” at the end of the page 5.
- A copy of the application form will be sent automatically to your e-mail account.
- Print and sign application form e-mailed to your account.
7. Submit signed form and required documents with Professional Development Scholarships Forms & Documents to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in your country.
Any questions regarding submission of applications for this course should be sent to: PDSP@oas.org
 The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (“GS/OAS”) reserves the right to cancel this scholarship announcement at any time. Moreover, the OAS, GS/OAS, and its personnel are not liable for any actions taken in reliance on or otherwise based upon information in this announcement.
 On June 3, 2009, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Americas adopted resolution AG/RES. 2438 (XXXIX-O/09), which resolves that the 1962 Resolution that excluded the Government of Cuba from its participation in the inter-American system, ceases to have effect in the Organization of American States (OAS). The 2009 resolution states that the participation of the Republic of Cuba in the OAS will be the result of a process of dialogue initiated at the request of the Government of Cuba, and in accordance with the practices, purposes, and principles of the OAS
 The deadline for presentation of applications to the (ONE) differs from country to country and should therefore be confirmed with the relevant ONE in the applicant's country of origin or permanent residence.
The OAS Professional Development Scholarships Program will defray up to $2,500.00 for round trip airfare to travel to observer states.
If you are ready to fill out the application form from beginning to end,
please click the "Continue" button below.