OAS - Alma College Scholarship Program
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
To apply for the OAS – Alma scholarship, the applicant must fill out the OAS online application form and attach the following required supporting documentation:
1. ID – scan or photo of passport page that contains the applicant’s full name, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
2. Admission letter – unconditional admission letter from Alma College.
- In addition to the unconditional admission letter from the College, current students from OAS member states at the College should include a signed note from their academic advisors which indicate their academic status at the College.
3. Transcript or record of grades
– copy of High School transcript or Associate’s degree transcript or transcript from current institution. Transcripts must be translated by a sworn translator if
English is not the original language of the transcript.
4. Certificate or Diploma – copy of high school certificate or Associate’s degree diploma or letter of enrollment from current institution
5. Two (2) Recommendation Letters – one of the recommendation letters should be provided by a university professor and the other should be provided by current or most recent employer
that includes: the letterhead of the University/Institution, the Professor’s/Employer’s position within the University/Institution, date and signature.
6. Essays – applicants are required to write and include two (2) essays as part of the OAS-Alma College online scholarship application form and must be written in English. Both essays should be no longer than 2 pages.
- Essay No. 1: Describe how acquiring this academic degree will directly impact and enhance your professional skills in your current job position or future career.
- Essay No. 2: Explain how you intend to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in the specific field of study that you will pursue to the development of your country or
7. Curriculum vitae – in English and no specific format is required. Do not include copies of diplomas, certificates or awards; only include text.
8. Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable – students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
A copy of an official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university or college in the last five years;
A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 570 or higher for the paper based test, 230 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 79;
IELTS 6.5, or the equivalent.
9. Proof of Additional Funds – proof that you have sufficient funds of approximately USD 11,160 to 15,660 to cover remaining tuition and fees and other costs not covered by the scholarship
by including one, or a combination, of the following documents with your scholarship application:
a copy of a rental agreement on property showing you as the property owner;
a copy of a bank statement or bank letter;
a letter from an employer showing a monthly or yearly salary to be received based on study leave with pay;
a letter showing a student loan or additional scholarship(s), grants, financial aid.Questions about this scholarship opportunity should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “OAS-Alma College Scholarship Program”
please click the "Continue" button below.