OAS-University of Technology, Jamaica
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, you must submit a Scholarship Application through this OAS Fellowship Management System. You are required to upload the following documents where indicated in the application form:
- Unconditional Admission Letter
- Copy of bachelor's degree transcript or report of grades received
- Copy of bachelor's degree diploma
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Copy of a Government Issued ID
- Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable
- Proof of additional Funds
Please note the following:
a) All supporting documents much be in English or officially translated into English.
b) Students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- An official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university in the last five years;
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 580 or higher for the paper based test, 237 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 92;
- IELTS 6.5, or the equivalent.
The date stated on the TOEFL or IELTS certificate must be within two years of your proposed start date.
c) Proof that you have sufficient funds to cover remaining tuition and fees and other costs not covered by the scholarship, which is estimated from USD$5,500 by including one, or a combination, of the following documents with your scholarship application:
· a copy of a rental agreement on property showing you as the property owner;
· a copy of a bank statement or bank letter;
· a letter from an employer showing a monthly or yearly salary;
· a letter showing a student loan or additional scholarship(s), grants, financial aid.
d) One of the letters of recommendation should be provided by a university professor and the other should be provided by your current or most recent employer that includes: the letterhead of the University/Institution, the Professor’s/Employer’s position within the University/Institution, date and signature.
e) You are required to write and include two essays in the scholarship application form. The essays should be written in English. Each essay should have a minimum of 800 characters (not words) and a maximum of 2900 characters, including spaces.
Essay 1: Describe how acquiring this academic degree will directly impact and enhance your professional skills in your current job position or future career.
Essay 2: Explain how you intend to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in the specific field of study that you will pursue to the development of your country or region.
If you are ready to complete the application form please click "Continue" below.