Executive Development Program
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING
The application must be completed in its entirety before exiting the site or submitting the form. The information you enter can be saved as you are working on it during this session. However, information cannot be saved for another session before the application is submitted. We strongly suggest that you print the blank application form; prepare the narrative information in a separate Word document which you can copy and paste into the on-line application form, and fill out the other data by hand on the application form before you begin to fill out the form on line. Once you access and open the form, it can remain open (without exiting or submitting it) indefinitely, so you will have time to fillout the form and check your information before submitting it. No changes will be permitted after you submit the form.
This application must be completed on-line.
Professional Development Scholarship Program
“Executive Development Program”
1) Venue: Central Officials Training Isntitute. Joogang-Dong 2, Gwacheon, Gyeonggi, 427-726, Korea. Tel: (82-2) 503-8011, Fax: (82-2) 500-8585. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator: Oh Yeon Keum, E-Mail: Matthias@koica.go.kr
2) Start and End Dates: November 2nd, to November 15th, 2008
3) Length of the Course: Thirteen (13) days.
4) Language: English.
- To share national development experiences and Korea’s policies and strategies for a sustained economic development.
- To share bilateral developmental experiences between host country and participating countries.
A) Lectures and Practices:
· Reform Measures and Strategies of Korean Government
· The Korean Economy: History of Economic Transformation
· Korean Civil Service System and its Reform
· E-Government in Korea: Principles, Experience and Policy Issues
· Education and HRD in Korea
· Public Policy and Total Quality Management in the Korean Government
· Territorial Development Strategies in Korea
B) Study Visits & Field Trip
· RKO Civil Service Commission, KT HRDC, etc
· Pohang Iron & Steel Co, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Hyundai Motor Co, Information Network Village, etc
· Cultural and Historical Sites
C) Country Report Presentation & Seminar: Each participant is requested to prepare a country report under the topic “Government Innovation Strategies for Good Governance”, focusing on her his own country’s situation with attached guidelines.
- To be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS member state, (permanent residents must send a copy of their visa).
- Work in the related field for at least 3 years after this program,
- Government position related to economic development and /or middle manager position
- Background in Commerce, Business, Finance or Economics
- Have a College degree
- Have command of both spoken and written English. Where English is not the first language, the applicant must present a certificate or evidence of competence in English.
· Present complete application by deadline established by the National Liaison Office (ONE). It is the responsibility of the candidate to find out the date established by the ONE in his/her country of residence
- The OAS Department of Human Development covers economy class, round trip airfare transportation from point of residence to study site
- The Government of Korea through Koica provides:
a) Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) from arrival to departure from Korea
b) Meals and accommodations from arrival to departure from Korea, excluding incidental charges such as bills for telephone, laundry, video, mini-bar, food, etc.
c) Medical Insurance. Participants are covered by the Overseas Travel Accident Insurance provided by Koica-designated insurance company from the time participants leave their country until their return to it. It will cover expenses related to illness or injury during the policy period.
d) Other expenses concerning training registration and tuition.
9) Responsibilities of selected candidates:
· Selected scholarship recipients are responsible for obtaining the necessary visa(s) to enter the country of study and the corresponding transit(s). The OAS will not be responsible for any costs relating to obtaining visas or transfer documentation.
· Each scholarship recipient is responsible for arriving in time for the commencement of activities on the date established by the institution offering the course or program.
· The selected candidates must confirm their acceptance to the OAS Department of Human Development in Washington, DC., through the OAS country office in their respective countries and through the ONE in order for the OAS to proceed with making the necessary travel arrangements to purchase the air travel tickets, economy class, round-trip, between their country of origin and the study location or, if the scholarship is refused, to appoint another candidate.
· If the scholarship recipient fails to travel on the scheduled dates, or changes routes, after the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (GS/OAS) has purchased his/her travel ticket, he/she will be responsible for paying the difference in ticket costs in order to arrive at the course site in time. The scholarship recipient will furthermore have to reimburse the GS/OAS the total cost of the airfare for his/her travel from his/her country of residence to the site where the Professional Development Course will take place and back if, after the ticket has been purchased, he/she declines the scholarship without written authorization from the Department of Human Development. The latter includes any additional costs, if any, incurred by the GS/OAS, such as extra costs for accommodation during the scholarship recipient’s travel to and from the country where the course will be held.
· If the scholarship recipient renounces, cancels or otherwise terminates the scholarship after the scholarship has begun, without showing sufficient cause to the GS/OAS, he/she will have to reimburse GS/OAS the amount of all scholarship expenses spent on his/her behalf.
10) Presentation of candidacies: The online application form must be completed on-line and can be accessed at: http://www.educoea.org under the OAS Scholarships: Professional Development.
Once the applicant has completed the online application form and submitted it, a copy will be sent automatically to his/her e-mail account. This completed form must be printed, signed and submitted to the National Liaison Office (ONE) with all other forms (http://www.educoas.org/portal/en/oasbecas/formspd.aspx?culture=en&navid=282) that must be completed electronically or in typewritten format.
The following is the list of National Liaison Organizations (ONEs) in the OAS Member states: http://www.educoas.org/portal/en/oasbecas/ones.aspx?culture=en&navid=282
Please note that the official announcement is published in the language of instruction of the course and is available via the Educational Portal of the Americas Web page at: http://www.educoea.org. Any questions regarding submission of applications for this course should be sent to: PDSP@oas.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS CORRESPONDING TO THE 2008 REGULAR BUDGET
Maria Levens, Director
Department of Human Development
JVanGlaanenweygel/LZea-Yonker/Executive Development Program/Korea/2008
 The deadline for presentation of applications to the (ONE) differs from country to country and should therefore be confirmed with the relevant ONE in the applicant's country of origin or permanent residence
 Funds for terminal and in-transit expenses are NOT provided either by the OAS or by KOIKA
If you are ready to fill out the application form from beginning to end,
please click the "Continue" button below.