- Curso Online de Análisis de redes de agua con EPANET
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING
The application must be completed in its entirety before exiting the site or submitting the form. The information you enter can be saved as you are working on it during this session. However, information cannot be saved for another session before the application is submitted. We strongly suggest that you print a blank application form, prepare the narrative information in a separate Word document which you can copy and paste into the on-line application form, and fill out the other data by hand on the application form before you begin to fill out the form on line. Once you access and open the form, it can remain open (without exiting or submitting it) indefinitely, so you will have time to fill out the form and check your information before submitting it. No changes will be permitted after you submit the form.
This application must be completed on-line
Professional Development Scholarship Program
Water Networks Analysis with EPANET
1) Offering Institution: ITA-Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV). Camino de Vera s/n. Valencia, Valencia, Spain. Tel: (34-96) 387-9898. Fax: (34-96) 387-9899. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.cursosagua.net
2) Coordinator: Javier Soriano Olivares. E-Mail: email@example.com
3) Dates of the course: October 1st, to December 10th, 2014
4) Modality of the course: Online
5) Duration of the course: Ten (10) weeks
6) Languages of Instruction: English (Basic) and Spanish (Basic + Specialized Modules)
7) Course objectives:
EPANET BASIC COURSE:
Understand the concepts and basics regarding the design and analysis of pressurized water networks.
Master the program’s user interface and all available options. Describe the elements and components that make up a water supply network. Using examples, understand the basic ideas for creating, modifying and operating a water network supply. Obtain graphical and tabular results to use in reports and/or detect anomalies in the normal operation of a network.
Become familiar with the structure of online courses offered by the group, and serve as platform for taking other specific EPANET courses
- Understand all the possibilities and limitations of EPANET as a management and calculation tool.
8) Course content:
EPANET BASIC COURSE:
- Unit 1: EPANET as a hydraulic calculation tool
- Unit 2: Workspace introduction
- Unit 3: Basic element characterization I. Tutorial 1
- Unit 4: Basic element characterization II. Tutorial 2
- Unit 5: Case studies
- Evaluation sessions and online final test
9) Eligibility Requirements:
All candidates must have, at least, an engineering degree (civil, industrial, environmental, agricultural, hydraulic, sanitary, etc.).
Submit a copy of the degree.
The course is aimed at professionals involved with water management subject with at least two (2) year of experience.
Proficiency in Spanish or English (if not their native language, accreditation is necessary).
Text processing and Internet knowledge are required.
Submit the complete application before the deadline set by the respective National Liaison Office (ONE). It is the applicant’s responsibility to ascertain the deadline set by the ONE in his or her country of residence.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS member state./ (Residents must send in a copy of their visa);
Note: If you were awarded an OAS Professional Development Scholarship in the past twelve (12) months or if you currently hold an OAS Scholarship for Academic Studies, you are NOT eligible to apply for another Professional Development Scholarship.
10) OAS Scholarship Selection Criteria: In accordance with article 4.2 of the Manual of Procedures of the Scholarship and Training Programs of the OAS, OAS scholarships shall be granted based on the following criteria:
- The objectives and priorities established in the Strategic Plan for Partnership for Development;
- The training priorities of the member states;
- The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background;
- The financial need of the candidate; and
- An extensive and equitable geographic distribution for the benefit of all member states and that takes into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies
11) Scholarship Benefits: The OAS Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DHDEE) and Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV) will cover the total cost of the tuition fees for the scholarship recipients.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS CORRESPONDING TO THE 2014 REGULAR BUDGET
12) Responsibilities of the scholarship recipients:
- The selected candidate must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship to DHDEE, allowing OAS to do the necessary arrangements to designate a new selected candidate in case of scholarship declinations.
- In order to become scholarship recipients, the selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by signing and returning to DHDEE their completed “form of acceptance of the scholarship award
- If the selected candidate has accepted the scholarship, but for justified reasons can not participate in the course, he/she must notify immediately to DHDEE.
- If the selected candidate declines, cancels or ends the scholarship after the course has begun, without written authorization of DHDEE, he/she will have to reimburse GS/OAS the total amount spent in his/her scholarship.
13) Application Process:
Select the course: http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/professionaldev.asp
After having read the course information thoroughly, click “Continue/Continuar” at the end of the page. Complete application form.
After completing application form click “Send / Enviar” at the end of the page 5.
A copy of the application form will be sent automatically to your e-mail account.
Print and sign application form e-mailed to your account.
Submit signed form and required documents with the Professional Development Scholarships Forms & Documents: Forms and Documents to Apply to the OAS Professional Development Scholarship Program to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in your country: http://www.oas.org/es/becas/programaregular/one.asp.
Any questions regarding submission of applications for this course should be sent to: PDSP@oas.org
 The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (“GS/OAS”) reserves the right to cancel this scholarship announcement at any time. Moreover, the OAS, GS/OAS, and its personnel are not liable for any actions taken in reliance on or otherwise based upon information in this announcement.
 The deadline for presentation of applications to the (ONE) differs from country to country and should therefore be confirmed with the relevant ONE in the applicant's country of origin or permanent residence.
If you are ready to fill out the application form from beginning to end,
please click the "Continue" button below.