Curso Online de Análisis de redes de agua con EPANET
Programa de Becas de Desarrollo Profesional
Curso de Análisis de Redes de Agua con EPANET
1) Offering Institution: ITA-Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV). Camino de Vera s/n. Valencia, Valencia, Spain. Tel: (34-96) 387-9898. Fax: (34-96) 387-9899. E-Mail: email@example.com Web: www.cursosagua.net
2) Coordinator: Javier Soriano Olivares. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Dates of the course: September 27th 2012 – November 8th 2012
4) Modality of the course: Online
5) Duration of the course: Six (6) weeks
6) Languages of Instruction: English and Spanish
7) Course objectives:
EPANET BASIC COURSE:
· Understand all the possibilities and limitations of EPANET as a management and calculation tool.
· Understand the concepts and basics regarding the design and analysis of pressurized water networks.
· Master the program’s user interface and all available options. Describe the elements and components that make up a water supply network. Using examples, understand the basic ideas for creating, modifying and operating a water network supply. Obtain graphical and tabular results to use in reports and/or detect anomalies in the normal operation of a network.
· Become familiar with the structure of online courses offered by the group, and serve as platform for taking other specific courses of EPANET. Be able to study a certain aspect of the program in depth by studying specialization courses of EPANET.
8) Course content:
EPANET BASIC COURSE:
· Unit 1: EPANET as a hydraulic calculation tool
· Unit 2: Workspace introduction
· Unit 3: Basic element characterization I. Tutorial 1
· Unit 4: Basic element characterization II. Tutorial 2
· Unit 5: Case studies
· Virtual sessions and online test
9) Eligibility Requirements:
· Be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS Member State (Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala , Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad & Tobago, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela). Residents must send copy of their visa;
· All assistants must have, at least, a degree on Hydraulic Engineering or equivalent (not required, but basic understanding of hydraulics are compulsory).
· Submit a copy of the degree.
· The course is aimed at professionals involved with water management subject with at least one (1) year of experience.
· Proficiency in Spanish or English (if not their native language, accreditation is necessary).
· Text processing and Internet knowledge are required.
· Submit the complete application before the deadline set by the respective National Liaison Office (ONE). It is the applicant’s responsibility to ascertain the deadline set by the ONE in his or her country of residence.
Note: If you were awarded an OAS Professional Development Scholarship in the past twelve (12) months or if you currently hold an OAS Scholarship for Academic Studies, you are NOT eligible to apply for another Professional Development Scholarship.
10) OAS Scholarship Selection Criteria: In accordance with article 4.2 of the Manual of Procedures of the Scholarship and Training Programs of the OAS, OAS scholarships shall be granted based on the following criteria:
· The objectives and priorities established in the Strategic Plan for Partnership for Development;
· The training priorities of the member states;
· The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background;
· The financial need of the candidate; and
· An extensive and equitable geographic distribution for the benefit of all member states and that takes into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies.
11) Scholarship Benefits:
The OAS Department of Human Development, Education and Culture (DHDEC) and Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV) will cover the total cost of the tuition fees for the scholarship recipients.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS CORRESPONDING TO THE 2012 REGULAR BUDGET
12) Responsibilities of the scholarship recipients:
· The selected candidate must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship to DHDEC, allowing OAS to do the necessary arrangements to designate a new selected candidate in case of scholarship declinations.
· In order to become scholarship recipients, the selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by signing and returning to DHDEC their completed “form of acceptance of the scholarship award”
· If the selected candidate has accepted the scholarship, but for justified reasons can not participate in the course, he/she must notify immediately to DHDEC.
· If the selected candidate declines, cancels or ends the scholarship after the course has begun, without written authorization of DHDEC, he/she will have to reimburse GS/OAS the total amount spent in his/her scholarship.
13) Presentación de las candidaturas:
1. Select the course
2. After having read the course information thoroughly, click “Continue/Continuar” at the end of the page.
3. Complete application form.
4. After completing application form click “Send / Enviar” at the end of the page 5.
5. A copy of the application form will be sent automatically to your e-mail account.
6. Print and sign application form e-mailed to your account.
7. Submit signed form and required documents with Professional Development Scholarships Forms & Documents to the National Liaison Office (ONE) in your country.
Any questions regarding submission of applications for this course should be sent to: PDSP@oas.org
C.c.: Course coordinator, Files
OAS/DHDEC/LZea-Yonker/ Curso de Análisis de Redes de Agua con EPANET/UPV/España/2012
 The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (“GS/OAS”) reserves the right to cancel this scholarship announcement at any time. Moreover, the OAS, GS/OAS, and its personnel are not liable for any actions taken in reliance on or otherwise based upon information in this announcement.
 On June 3, 2009, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Americas adopted resolution AG/RES. 2438 (XXXIX-O/09), which resolves that the 1962 Resolution that excluded the Government of Cuba from its participation in the inter-American system, ceases to have effect in the Organization of American States (OAS). The 2009 resolution states that the participation of the Republic of Cuba in the OAS will be the result of a process of dialogue initiated at the request of the Government of Cuba, and in accordance with the practices, purposes, and principles of the OAS
 The deadline for presentation of applications to the (ONE) differs from country to country and should therefore be confirmed with the relevant ONE in the applicant's country of origin or permanent residence.