1) STUDY VENUE: The course will be delivered entirely online (Internet) through the eCornell Virtual Classroom.
2) CONTACT: Lisa Hatfield, Retail Floor Manager, eCornell. Tel: (607) 330-3333
3) DATES: October 13th, to December 8th, 2010
4) COURSE DURATION: Ten (10) Weeks
5) LANGUAGE: English
6) MODALITY: Online
7) OBJECTIVES: Participants will learn a proven process that can be used in their own property or firm to develop, implement, and execute a strategic plan that will create change, generate sustainable competitive advantage, and ensure superior ongoing results for their customers and investors.
8) COURSE CONTENT: For a detailed information about the course content, please follow the link:
9) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of an OAS Member state, with the exception of the United States, as OAS scholarships do NOT cover studies in the country of citizenship or personal residence of OAS scholarship recipients.
Be nominated by the applicants’ respective Government (National Liaison Office, ONE
Be University graduates or have an equivalent academic background in any field.
Designed for leaders within hotels, including department heads, executive team members, and current and aspiring GMs and executive team members, and mid-to-senior-level management at corporate offices.
Related vocational history: More than one to two (1 to 2) years
Work experience in related fields (at least two -2-years)
Possess basic computer and internet skills.
Have good command of English, with documentary evidence, if not the native language.
Submit a duly completed request before the deadline established by the National Liaison Office (ONE). The candidate is responsible for finding out the deadline set by the ONE in his/her country of residence.
10) SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION CRITERIA: Scholarships shall be granted based on the following criteria:
· The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background;
· The financial need of the candidate; and
· An extensive and equitable geographic distribution for the benefit of all member states that takes into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies.
11) BENEFITS: The OAS Department of Human Development, Education and Culture the University of Cornell will cover the complete tuition fee of the selected candidate.
12) RESPONSIBILITY OF SCHOLARSHIPS RECIPIENTS:
Computer access and communication costs (Internet access and e-mail) are the responsibility of the student.
Access to computer equipment and the Internet with technical specifications must be met. (see below)
Have unrestricted Internet access and a computer with the minimum technical specifications as indicated in the following link: http://web01.ecornell.com/help/techreq.jsp
The selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship award to the OAS General Secretariat Office in their respective countries and through the ONE in order for the OAS to proceed with making the necessary arrangements or, if the scholarship offer is declined to appoint another candidate.
The selected candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship by signing and returning to DHDEC their completed “form of acceptance of the scholarship award” Upon selection, candidates must accept the scholarship by confirming their availability to follow the course during the period indicated and confirming their acceptance of the duly provided conditions of study.
If the scholarship recipient declines, cancels or terminates the Scholarship after the course or program has started without providing compelling proof to the OAS/GS, he or she must reimburse the total amount of scholarship costs.
In the event that a selected candidate accepts the scholarship and then, for compelling reason, is unable to complete the course, he or she must so inform the Department of Human Development, Education and Culture immediately so the scholarship can be offered to the next ranked candidate, if possible.
13) SUBMISSION OF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
Please Note: If you were awarded an OAS Professional Development Scholarship in the past twelve (12) months or if you currently hold an OAS Scholarship for Academic Studies, you are not eligible to apply for another Professional Development Scholarship.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION:
· The OAS Official Online Application Form
· Professional Development Scholarships Forms & Documents http://www.educoas.org/portal/en/oasbecas/formspd.aspx?culture=en&navid=282
Applications must be forwarded to the Organization of American States through the National Liaison Office that serves as the official channel established by the Government of each country (ONE). This is a mandatory requirement.
The following is the list of National Liaison Offices (ONEs) in the OAS Member states: http://www.educoas.org/portal/en/oasbecas/ones.aspx?culture=en&navid=282