OAS-University for International Cooperation Scholarship
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
To apply for this scholarship opportunity, you must submit this online application.
You are required to upload the following documents where indicated on page 4 of this application form.
Please note that all supporting documents must first be combined into ONE PDF document before it can be uploaded in the application form. The application system does not allow for more than one document to be uploaded, hence the aforementioned request. Please be guided accordingly
- Unconditional Admission Letter to UCI
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Proof of Additional Funds
- Copy of Bachelor's Degree Transcript (record of grades)
- Copy of Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Copy of a Government Issued ID (passport or national ID)
- Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable
Please note the following:
a) All documents must be in English or official translated to English.
b) Students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- An official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university in the last five years;
- A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 550 or higher for the paper based test, 215 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 90;
- IELTS 5.5, or the equivalent
- The date stated on the TOEFL or IELTS certificate must be within two years of your proposed start date
c) Proof that you have sufficient funds to cover remaining tuition and fees and other costs not covered by the scholarship by including one, or a combination, of the following documents with your scholarship application:
a copy of a rental agreement on property showing you as the property owner;
a copy of a bank statement or bank letter;
a letter from an employer showing a monthly or yearly salary;
a letter showing a student loan or additional scholarship(s), grants, financial aid.
d) One of the letters of recommendation should be provided by a university professor and the other should be provided by your current or most recent employer that includes: the letterhead of the University/Institution, the Professor’s/Employer’s position within the University/Institution, date and signature.
- The recommendation letters provided for admission consideration to the University can be used for scholarship consideration. However, if you choose to provide new recommendation letters directly to the OAS, the letters should be addressed to the OAS Scholarship and Training Programs, Department of Human Development, Education and Employment.
e) You are required to write and include two essays in the scholarship application form. The essays should be written in English. Each essay should have a minimum of 800 characters (not words) and a maximum of 2900 characters, including spaces.
Please click Continue button below to begin the application.