Persons in charge of the presentations:
Hugh Adsett, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Canada to the OAS, Chair of the Inter-American Committee against Terrorism -OAS
Luz Elena Baños, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Mexico to the OAS
Michèle Coninsx, Executive Director, United Nations Counter-Terrorism Executive Directorate (CTED)
Martha Delgado Peralta, Under-Secretary for Multilateral Affairs and Human Rights, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico
Oren Segal, Vice-President, Center on Extremism, Anti-Defamation League
Alison August Treppel, Executive Secretary, Inter-American Committee against Terrorism -OAS
Farah Urrutia, Secretary for Multidimensional Security, OAS
Bibi van Ginkel, Owner/Founder The Glocal Connection – Platform for Shared Security
The Secretariat of the Inter-American Committee against Terrorism of the Organization of American States (OAS), in collaboration with the Government of Mexico, invites you to join us for a virtual dialogue on the “Prevention of Violent Extremism”.
On May 2018, OAS Member States approved the Declaration “Strengthening hemispheric efforts to address and counter violent extremism that is conducive to terrorism”.
The virtual dialogue is expected to address:
- What constitutes violent extremism?
- What are the main trends at the global and hemispheric level?
- What are the key multilateral instruments to prevent and combat violent extremism?
- What are some different perspectives from which this phenomenon should be addressed?
- What is the potential effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on this phenomenon?
* This event is free-of-charge. The even is open to the general public after registration on the platform link provided.
** Simultaneous interpretation English/Spanish will be provided.
***The event will be recorded and will be available on video later on the CICTE twitter account @oea_cicte