Students’ age range: 12-14
Description: ? The teacher will lead the students in a discussion about the following:
1. What are the qualities should a man/woman should seek to find in a man/woman before he/she marries him/her?
2. What are your views on divorce?
3. How are children affected by divorce?
4. How are parents affected by divorce?
5. How kind should, one be?
? After discussion, students will volunteers to read sections of chapters one and two of novel.
? Teacher will stop students at regular intervals and initiate discussions about important sections, for example:
1. ‘I was there when the blow fell. And Father took it like a man.’
2. ‘Father had borrowed money against his property from Jake.’
3. Page 9 line 14, page 11 line 6 etc.
The students will underline the important sections in their books for future reference.