Students’ age range: 12-14
Topic: Examine Solids, it sides, faces and vertices. Students will also appreciate the use of solids in their everyday lives
1. Students would watch the video which will be a 5 minute long video.
2. They will be asked to critique the video.
3. The students will then be asked to examine their environment and give examples of buildings or anything that takes the shape of the solids looked at.
4. Students will then examine the details of the different nets of solids, looking at how these solids are made. Then in their groups using hard boards they would draw the nets of the solid they choose cut it out and then put it together.
5. They would be asked to decide on a futuristic piece such as a house and use at least three different solids to créate this piece.
6. The students will be given a worksheet to complete and return to class.