The User Support and Information Management Section main tasks are to:
- Provide and receive information related to petitions, cases, precautionary measures, friendly settlement procedures, and other procedure initiated before the IACHR, for users who are representatives of States, petitioners, alleged victims, legal representatives, and interested third parties.
- Provide information on the mandate, procedures, publications, sessions, visits, and other activities carried out by the IACHR.
- Provide information or guidance on the presentation of petitions or precautionary measures as well as subsequent follow-up information.
- Receive and channel information from the users related to general human rights situations with no intention of filing a petition or request of precautionary measures against any State, as established in Articles 25 and 28 of the IACHR Rules of Procedure.
- Provide general information about the IACHR Individual Petition System Portal and its basic use.
- Guide users in the use of the most suitable means of submission or tools according to their requirements.
- Receive and process requests for access to information addressed to the IACHR.