G E N E R A L S E C R E T A R I A T
THE SECRETARY GENERAL,
In the exercise of the powers conferred upon him by Article 118 of the Charter and Articles 8 and 12 of the General Standards to Govern the Operations of the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States,
That the Protocol of Managua, creating the Inter-American Council for Integral Development ("CIDI") entered into force on January 29, 1996.
That Article 97 of the OAS Charter, as amended by the Protocol of Managua, provides that the execution and coordination of projects approved by CIDI shall be entrusted to the Executive Secretariat for Integral Development;
That by Resolution GTC/RES. 1/96, confirmed by the General Assembly meeting in its Twenty-second Special Session on January 29, 1996, the Joint Working Group CEPCIES/CEPCIECC Charged with the Transition to CIDI ("GTC"), established a Temporary Special Multilateral Fund ("FET") for the general purposes of "managing technical cooperation funds for that part of the transition period beginning with the entry into force of the Protocol of Managua and ending once CIDI becomes operational";
That for the purpose of facilitating an orderly transformation of the Secretariat into a new administrative structure that can deliver the range of services to the Member States required under the Partnership for Development, and in order to provide for the management of the FET, it is necessary to take certain temporary administrative measures pending the establishment of a more permanent structure for the Secretariat for Integral Development;
1. To create the Executive Secretariat for Integral Development;
2. To abolish the existing Executive Secretariat for Education Science and Culture and the Executive Secretariat for Economic and Social Affairs.
3. To transfer temporarily to the Executive Secretariat for Integral development the departments, units, and all other administrative dependencies of the Executive Secretariat for Education, Science and Culture, and of the Secretariat for Economic and Social Affairs, pending the establishment of a more permanent administrative structure in accordance with the programmatic and service requirements of CIDI.
4. This Executive Order supersedes all present norms, regulations and practices of the General Secretariat to the contrary.
5. This Executive Order shall enter into force on the date on which it is signed.
Date: January 31, 1996