G E N E R A L S E C R E T A R I A T
THE SECRETARY GENERAL,
In the exercise of the powers conferred upon him under Articles 109 and 113 of the Charter of the Organization of American States ("OAS") and Articles 4, 8, and 12 of the General Standards to Govern the Operation of the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States ("General Standards").
That operative Section III (B)(1)(e) of Executive Order 97-5 confers upon the Department of Public Information the responsibility for promoting and coordinating the General Secretariat's OAS Model General Assembly Program ("MOAS");
That Section III (B) of Executive Order 97-2 sets out the responsibilities and functions of the Office of the Executive Office of the Assistant Secretary General ("EOASG");
That a determination has been made that MOAS can operate more effectively and efficiently if transferred to the EOASG,
1. To transfer MOAS and responsibility for its operations and activities from the Department of Public Information to EOASG;
2. To transfer the staff positions and resources allocated to MOAS under the FY1999 and FY2000 Budgets from Budgetary Code 30C of Chapter III of the Program Budget to Budgetary Code 30B in that same Chapter.
3. To eliminate operative Section III (B)(1)(e) from Executive Order 97-5.
4. To add to operative Section III (B) of Executive Order 97-2 the following subsection 3.
5. This Executive Order supersedes all present norms, regulations and practices of the General Secretariat to the contrary, and shall take effect on the date it is signed.
Date: September 30, 1999