G E N E R A L S E C R E T A R I A T
ADMINISTRATIVE MEMORANDUM No. 63
By decision of the Secretary General, the procedure described below is hereby established to govern the matter referred to in the subject title of this memorandum.
II. PURPOSE AND PROCEDURE
1. For short-term contracting of personnel to perform the work involved in printing, graphic services, and distribution, the following procedure is established:
1.a. The Department of Publications shall prepare a list of persons eligible for the work described above, which shall be reviewed by the Office of Personnel to ascertain that they meet all the requirements of the General Standards and the Staff Rules. Once approved, the Office of Personnel shall forward the list to the Department of Publications and to the Office of Financial Services.
1.b. Periodically, the Department of Publications may request that new names be added to the list, but the Office of Personnel shall have thirty days in which to make its review.
2. The Office of Program-Budget shall process the obligations requested by the Department of Publications against funds from income from Funds 9 and 12. In the case of Fund 12, funds may be obligated to meet only direct costs that result from work done at the Pan American Health Organization, the Inter-American Development Bank, or at other authorized agencies.
3.a. The Department of Publications shall prepare and sign a general, short-term work agreement with the contractee (see Appendix A: General Agreement for Printing Manpower for the Production and Distribution of Publications and Document Services). The agreement shall specify the remuneration that the worker is to receive per hour or day of work, with care taken to see that the contract safeguards the interests of the General Secretariat, as stipulated in the Standard Contracting System of the OAS.
3.b. The text of that general agreement forms part of this Administrative Memorandum.
3.c. The Department of Publications shall use OAS-Form; No. 357-A, entitled "Request for Printing Manpower for the Production and Distribution of Publications and Documents," which shall serve as:
3.d. The text of that form is part of this memorandum.
4. Once OAS-Form 357-A has been completed and signed by the officer certifying provision of the services contracted on a short-term basis, he shall forward it to the Office of Financial Services, which shall issue payment and deduct it from the pre-established global obligation.
III. CANCELLATION OR AMENDMENT OF EARLIER DECISIONS
Since this procedure is made to conform to the specific needs of the General Secretariat for a single type of service, it should be included in Volume II of the Contracting Manual.
IV. EFFECTIVE DATE
This memorandum shall enter into effect on the date that it is signed. It ratifies the administrative action on the matter, taken to date by the Department of Publications on an experimental basis.
BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY GENERAL
Assistant Secretary for Management
GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PRINTING MANPOWER
FOR THE PRODUCTION
AGREEMENT No. __________
Entered into this _________________ day of ____________________ by and between the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States and ______________________________________ residing at __________________________ (hereinafter designated "the contractee").
1. The contractee undertakes to provide service, on such occasions as he may specifically agree to, and as specified in the order for service that may be issued under this agreement, upon request of the Department of Publications of the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States the date of this agreement and December 31, 19___.
2. The contractee shall provide the service at the time and place specified by the designated representative of the Department of Publications.
3. The oontractee shall be compensated, when actually employed, at the rate of $ ______ per hour.
4. Payment for services provided pursuant to this agreement shall be made within 5 working days after the service is completed.
5. The contractee shall not
be considered an employee of the General Secretariat nor shall he be entitled to any of
the benefits established for such employees.