AG/RES. 1956 (XXXIII-O/03)
COOPERATION BETWEEN THE ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES AND THE UNITED NATIONS SYSTEM, THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT
OF THE CENTRAL AMERICAN INTEGRATION SYSTEM, AND THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT OF THE CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY
(Resolution adopted at the fourth plenary session, held on June 10, 2003)
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY,
1. To take note of the report of the Secretary General on the implementation of resolution AG/RES. 1893 (XXXII-O/02), which outlines the activities carried out under the cooperation agreements between the General Secretariat of the OAS and the secretariats of the United Nations, the Central American Integration System (SICA), and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM).
2. To request the General Secretariat to implement, within available resources, the recommendations of the October 2002 general meeting and of previous general meetings and to consider the possibility of holding, in 2004, such meetings with the United Nations, with SICA, and with CARICOM in an effort to define new and updated modalities for cooperation between the General Secretariat and the secretariats of these organizations.
3. To request the Secretary General to continue and to strengthen activities involving cooperation between the General Secretariat of the OAS and each of the following organizations: the United Nations system, the General Secretariat of the Central American Integration System, and the General Secretariat of the Caribbean Community.
4. To request the Secretary General to facilitate increased intersectoral contacts with the heads of the technical areas of the three organizations mentioned above.
5. To request the Secretary General to report on these actions to the General Assembly at its thirty-fourth regular session.