AG/RES. 1893 (XXXII-O/02)
COOPERATION BETWEEN THE ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES AND THE UNITED NATIONS SYSTEM, THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT OF THE CENTRAL AMERICAN INTEGRATION SYSTEM, AND THE GENERAL SECRETARIAT OF THE CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY
(Adopted at the fourth plenary session held on June 4, 2002)
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY,
HAVING SEEN the report of the General Secretariat on the implementation of resolution AG/RES. 1817 (XXXI-O/01), “
1. To take note of the report of the Secretary General on the implementation of resolution AG/RES. 1817 (XXXI-O/01).
2. To recognize the activities carried out under the cooperation agreements between the General Secretariat of the OAS and the secretariats of the United Nations, the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Central American Integration System (SICA).
3. To request the General Secretariat to continue implementing the recommendations of previous general meetings that have been held and to consider the possibility of holding, in 2003, such meetings with the United Nations, with CARICOM, and with SICA in an effort to define new and updated modalities for cooperation between the General Secretariat and the secretariats of these organizations.
4. To request the Secretary General to continue and to strengthen activities involving cooperation between the General Secretariat of the OAS and each of the following organizations: the United Nations system, the General Secretariat of the Central American Integration System, the General Secretariat of the Caribbean Community and the Secretariat of the Association of Caribbean States.
5. To request the Secretary General to facilitate increased intersectoral contacts with the heads of the technical areas of the three organizations mentioned above.6. To request the Secretary General to report on these actions to the General Assembly at its thirty-third regular session.