Third Meeting of the Government Experts on Cyber Crime - Draft Agenda
June 23 and 24, 2003 - Washington D.C.
June 23, 2003 (Day 1)
9:00-9:10 Opening Session
9:10-9:15 Election of Chair.
9:15-9:30 Consideration and adoption of the agenda.
9:30-10:30 Introduction and General Overview:
· Historical overview of OAS work on cyber-crime.
· Review of Mandate of Experts Group.
· Review of the REMJA Recommendations.
· Presentation of Questionnaire and Results.
Jorge García-Gonzalez, Chief, Technical Secretariat for Legal Cooperation Mechanisms, Secretariat for Legal Affairs
10:45-11:15 Presentation on the Scope of the Cyber-crime Problem.
Hervé Hurtado, Director General de Tráficos y Contrabando, Policía Cibernética-PFP México
James Burrell, Chief, Cyber Division, International Investigations, Federal Bureau of Investigations, US
11:15-12:30 Country Roundtable:
· Case Studies from Several Volunteer Countries on their efforts to combat cyber-crime.
· Open discussion for countries to present overview of their cyber-crime efforts.
Chile: Report 1
14:00-14:30 Presentation on Council of Europe Cyber-crime Convention.
Betty-Ellen Shave, Senior Counsel, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, Department of Justice, US
14:30-15:30 Presentation on Legal Framework for Combating Cyber-crime – Overview.
Todd Hinnen, Trial Attorney, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section, Department of Justice, US
15:45-16:15 Presentation and consideration of a technical meeting proposal, within the OAS framework, on a Legislative Drafting Session on combating cyber-crime.
(Presentation by Chair)
16:15-17:30 Presentations on MLATs & Cooperation; the “G-8” and the “Contact Group 24/7”.
Donald K. Piragoff, Senior General Counsel, Criminal Law policy Section, Department of Justice, Canada
June 24, 2003 (Day 2)
9:00-10:00 Presentation by ISP on Law Enforcement and Industry Cooperation
Hemanshu Nigam, Corporate Attorney, MSN/Hotmail
Elizabeth Banker, Associate General Counsel, Yahoo
10:15-12:30 Consideration of recommendations
14:00-16:00 Continue consideration of recommendations
16:15-17:00 Final reading and adoption of recommendations
17:00-17:30 Other Business:
· Cyber-security Conference, Buenos Aires, 28-29 July 2003.
· Future Meetings of Experts Groups, consideration of proposed 2004 meeting.