AG/RES. 1714 (XXX-O/00)
19 May 2000
COOPERATION BETWEEN THE GENERAL SECRETARIATS OF THE ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES AND THE CARIBBEAN COMMUNITY
(Resolution adopted at the first plenary session, held on June 5, 2000)
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY,
HAVING SEEN the report on the implementation of resolution AG/RES. 1675 (XXIX-O/99), "Cooperation between the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States and the General Secretariat of the Caribbean Community" (CP/doc.3309/00),
- To take note of the report of the Secretary General on the implementation of resolution AG/RES. 1675 (XXIX-O/99).
- To renew its request to the Secretary General to continue and strengthen activities of technical cooperation between the two General Secretariats.
- To express its satisfaction with the efforts of the Assistant Secretary General to coordinate the promotion and follow-up of joint activities conducted by the two organizations.
- To request the General Secretariat to continue implementing the recommendations of the OAS/CARICOM General Meeting held at OAS headquarters in 1998.
- To request the Secretary General to present a report to the General Assembly at its thirty-first regular session on the implementation of this resolution.