OAS-GCUB 2014 Scholarship Program
OAS-GCUB 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT IS CLOSED.
RESULTS of the OAS - GCUB Scholarship Program 2014
To access the list of awardees, please click here.
Reaffirming the commitment to expand educational opportunities in order to contribute to the development of human capital in the Americas, the Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics, join forces again in this 4th edition of the Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC) OAS-GCUB Scholarships. This Program provides more than 500 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS member states to pursue master's or doctoral programs in Brazilian universities.
Through these advanced educational opportunities, the OAS and the GCUB support the training, development and networking of high-level human resources that contribute to the progress of their countries and strengthen the bonds of cooperation with Brazil. This is made possible by promoting greater integration between Brazilian universities and Latin America and the Caribbean; thus promoting scientific and cultural exchange, internationalization and the mobilization of outstanding students from the Americas.
The master's and doctoral programs offered by Brazilian educational institutions cover various fields of study, research and the development of the next generation of advanced technology appropriate to the realities and needs of Latin America and the Caribbean. In this fourth edition, programs in the area of health, with emphasis on research for health, will be offered for the first time, thanks to the cooperation agreement signed between the OAS and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO).
Coimbra Group of Brazilian
Coimbra Group of
Are you interested in applying for a scholarship to pursue your
Master's or Doctoral Degree in Brazil?
Potential candidates must review the Announcement and the List of Participating Brazilian Universities and Available Programs. Applicants are requested to select 3 universities from 3 different geographical regions of Brazil where they would be willing to conduct their studies. We encourage applicants to read the full description of the program they wish to apply to in order to ensure that the study area meets their professional objectives and interests. For the complete list of participating universities and the regions to which they belong, please view the OAS-GCUB Map where each region has been identified in different color.
Documents needed to apply for the scholarhip
With the aim of helping you submit an eligible scholarship application, we recommend that you carefully review the lists of frequently asked questions and most common mistakes when applying to an OAS-GCUB scholarship:
About the Scholarship:
- Full Tuition waiver (program cost)
- Partial monthly stipend for living expenses equivalent to $1,500 BRL for Master's and $2,200 BRL for Doctorate (NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.)
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 125 selected candidates.
- Portuguese language support.
The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master's and 48 months for Doctoral degrees
- Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil.
- Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or (equivalent) to apply to a Master's degree program, and a Master's degree diploma to apply to a Doctoral program
- There is NO PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil
- Applicants must complete and submit the online Scholarship Application Form. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement/Edict in its entirety
|Financial Responsabilities of the Student
- Medical Insurance in Brazil
- Additional subsistence expenses
- Visa fees
- Any other expenses not described above
NOTE: The helpdesk will only answer questions until August 20th, 2014, at 5:30pm (Eastern Daylight Time)
*For selected candidates and awardees ONLY