Terms and Conditions
By using this web site, User agrees to the Conditions and Disclaimer set out below:
- The Executive Secretariat of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) of the Organization of American States (OAS) maintains this web site for information purposes only. Users may download, copy and reprint information from the site for non-commercial purposes so long as the IACHR is cited as the source of the originating material, however, they may not resell, redistribute, or create derivative works absent the express written permission of IACHR.
- This site contains links to web sites not under IACHR or OAS control. The IACHR provides those links as a convenience for users of its site and is not responsible for their contents. The presence of a link does not imply endorsement or approval of its contents by the IACHR, OAS, its personnel, or the OAS Member States.
- All information on this web site is “as is”. The IACHR makes no warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the material on this web site and IACHR, its personnel, and OAS are is not liable, jointly, severally, or in any other way, for any expense or damages of any kind incurred as a consequence of its use, including expense or damages arising from communication failure and/or computer malfunctions associated with use of the site. Moreover, the IACHR, its personnel, and OAS are not liable for any actions taken in reliance on or otherwise based upon the information on this web site.
- As a condition of use of this web site, the User agrees to indemnify IACHR, OAS, and OAS organs from and against any and all actions, law suits, damages and expenses, including court costs and legal fees, arising out of User’s use of this web site and the information herein contained.
- If User is dissatisfied with the information on this web site, User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to cease using it.
- Use of this web site will result in the storage of certain information about User on IACHR/OAS’ server, including, but not limited to, internet protocol (IP), navigation through the site, items purchased, credit card information submitted by User, software used, and time spent, user’s address, and user’s name if provided. The primary purpose of this information is to help IACHR make the site more responsive to Users and particularly those who are repeat Users. IACHR, its personnel, and OAS assume no responsibility for the security of that information. Users who elect the option of registering on the site will have a “cookie” created on their hard drive to facilitate user management of subscriptions and the user’s online profile.
- Nothing in these Conditions and Disclaimer constitutes a waiver of the privileges and immunities of IACHR, OAS, or its personnel.