Environmental Law Advisory Group of the OAS Department of Sustainable Development
The Advisory Group was established in order to strengthen the environmental law program of the DSD and obtaining periodic recommendations on environmental law matters related to the Department’s program and projects in areas such as Water Resource Management, Sustainable Energy, Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Land Management, among others.
The Environmental Law Advisory Group for the OAS Department of Sustainable Development (DSD) is formed by ten highly esteemed experts from across the Americas in the environmental law field:
· Antonio Benjamín, Justice, Supreme Federal Court of Brazil (Full Bio)
· Carlos Manuel Rodríguez, Vice President & Regional Director,
Conservation International (Full Bio)
· David Hunter, Professor of Law, Washington College of Law and Harvard Visiting Professor of International Environmental Law (Full Bio)
· David Markell, Steven M. Goldstein Professor, Florida State University College of Law (Full Bio)
· Gustavo Alanís, President, Mexican Center of Environmental Law (Full Bio)
· Isabel Calle, Director, Policy & Environmental Management Program, Peruvian Society of Environmental Law. (Full Bio)
· Jutta Brunnée, Metcalf Chair in Environmental Law, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto (Full Bio)
· Luis Fernando Macías, Executive Director, Colombian Institute of Environmental Law (Full Bio)
· Senator Lynn Pyfrom Holowesko, Founding Partner, Holowesko & Co., former Ambassador of Bahamas for the Environment (Full Bio)
· Ricardo Saucedo Borenstein, Director of Projects, Founder of the Bolivian Society of Environmental Law (Full Bio)
This page was last updated on Wednesday February 18, 2009.