Activities proposed under the Project
The Project specifically provides for a range of activities
to be carried out, including the following:
• Preparation and circulation of reports that contain
indicators and recommendations for a cross-cutting OAS
policy on matters concerning people of African descent.
• Support for Afro-descendant representatives to attend
regional meetings in order to prepare recommendations to put
to the political organs of the inter-American system.
• Organization of workshops of experts to analyze the work
of the OAS on Afro-descendant issues and formulate technical
• Dissemination of the Afro-descendant theme by means of
courses and workshops on international law, encouraging the
participation of this minority group in these events.
• Preparation of reports on hemispheric standards and
domestic laws, as well as policy, best practices, and
affirmative actions on people of African descent.