Thank you for exploring career possibilities with the Organization of American States – the world’s oldest regional organization dating back to 1889. Today, our organization is at the forefront of cutting-edge efforts towards the fulfillment of our mission. The Organization uses a four-pronged approach to effectively implement its essential purposes, based on its main pillars: democracy, human rights, security, and development. We are constantly on the lookout for motivated, dedicated, and creative people who want to make a difference in the hemisphere. We particularly value integrity, customer-oriented team-players with creative minds, high technical qualifications, and managerial skills. We offer a dynamic and culturally diverse work environment, as well as challenging experiences. We encourage you to visit our website often. Best of luck in your job search!
WORKING AT THE OAS
The Organization of American States has a regional workforce of more than 700 people. Its headquarters is located in Washington D.C., USA, and it has coordinating offices in 31 member countries. The Organization of American States is a vibrant, culturally-diverse international organization. In working towards the fulfillment of its statutory mission, the OAS is at the forefront in establishing an order of peace and justice among its Member States, promoting their solidarity, strengthening their collaboration, and defending their sovereignty, territorial integrity, and independence.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
When applying for a position with the Organization of American States, please keep in mind the following considerations:
- Due to the nature of our work, employment preference is given to nationals of our Member States. (The full list of Member States is available here).
- The four official languages of the OAS are English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Most positions require fluency in English and Spanish (read, write, and communicate). Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is desired.
- Only applicants, who fulfill the minimum requirements, as listed in the employment opportunity, will be considered in the selection process. Only those with the best qualifications will be invited for an interview. However, all candidates will remain in our database and may be contacted for future opportunities.
- The duration of the selection process is approximately three months.
- The Organization of American States does not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a parent.
Please note the following:
● Candidates can update their profiles at any time, however, the Department of Human Resources and the hiring area will consider the profile as is of candidates who are pre-selected at the time being reviewed.
● Once the publication of an employment announcement closes, it will no longer be available in our website. Therefore, it is recommended that you print or save the employment announcement of the position you are applying for.