1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 ounces milk
1. Sift the flour in a
bowl with the baking powder.
2. Add the margarine and rub it in with your finger tips until it
looks like fine bread crumbs.
3. Mix the raisins. Beat the egg, add the milk and the essence.
4. Pour into flour mixture and mix to a sticky dough.
5. Divide into 8 portions and place on a greased baking pan.
6. Bake in a moderately hot over 350 F for 20- 25 minutes.
*Source: Permanent Mission of
Guyana to the OAS.